Wednesday, November 16, 2005

GP Posting

My very last posting of my rotation posting - GP posting!! I did it with munny and stay at her house for a few nights.

The very 1st day of GP posting (thursday), we arrived the clinic quite early, even b4 the doctor came. The doctor who we suppose to attached to is Dr. Chen. He is a very good doctor and willing to teach us a lot of things. So lucky to have him as our GP. He is quite knowledgable and I think he supposed to be one of the top students in his class. Hehe... Most patients like him too and when they saw us (students) in the room, they would keep praising Dr. Chen as good doctor, very nice and HANDSOME too!!! Haha... Couldn't help it but I kept laughing.... in my heart, of course! Then he kept giving a lot of articles for us to read... of course, written by him, and showed us photos which he took during his travel. What was really surprised me was his knowledge in computering. He can make up formula of calculating those risk for disease by uncoding the formula from other website.

But munny got tummyache and diarrhoea on that day. She looked really pale but got free medications from the clinic... haha... I felt so sorry to her as I was there to kacau her when she was feeling really unwell. Gomenasai... Mun Yee!!

So for the 2nd day of the posting (friday), I had to go alone and have to trouble munny's mum to fetch me to the clinic. I saw more things on 2nd day, eg wound dressing, wound suturing, asthma attack.... the 1st day most patients came with diabetes and hypertension. Too bad munny wasn't there.

I was getting more boring for the subsequent days as most of the case were normal flu and cough. But there were some interesting cases too, such as impetigo, scleroderma, herpes zoster.... I could still remember we got to see 1 case which the patient cut his finger and was bleeding severly. The doctor tried to stop the bleeding by stitching it. Munny and I were standing there, looking at it without helping. It had taken long time for the doctor to stop the blood. But after around 15 minutes watching, I suddenly felt giddiness. I tried to drink more water and rest awhile, thinking why was I feeling giddy. I never feel giddy b4 while I was watching delivery and this was my 1st time feeling giddy throughtout my life... erm.. 2nd time actually (1st time was when I was having a very severe fever). But after 1/2 minutes rest, I went into the dressing room, continue watching it again.

From this posting, I've learned a lot of things, clinically and also some other fields about medicine which we couldn't learn from the textbook. Lastly, thanks to munny who let me staying at her house and also her parents who treated me all the meals and fetching us here and there. So 'pai se'!!

Ya!! and also I got my present from munny, angie, arathi, jinyu and yi ning...thank u very much!!

1 comment:

snowangelz said...

aikz, u dun have to b sorry mar...it was I who fell sick unexpectedly la, I'm sorry for not being able to entertain u le, guess it was super bored...

n dun u say "paisei" again la, or else i paisei....hahaha...i told u lor, this is the rule, if u not happy next time follow ur rule, k ^_^ wahaha....cheerz