Thursday, November 02, 2006

Finished exam!!

Ok... I found I did something stupid!! I was checking my blog whenever I posted something and there were never be any replies. I was wondering why.... until just now. I actually changed some of the settings to moderate the comments. Actually I didn't know what's it mean by "moderate comment", I just click "yes" and thus the comments weren't appearing... Sorry guys... but I've changed back the settings....

Today is my last day of Internal Medicine Posting. Erm... actually is tomorrow. I've just finished my long case exam which was supposed to be tomorrow initially. Was damn stressed b4 the exam. I just got to know the exam was changed to today when I asked Prof Cheong yesterday. And... the MO didn't want to give us any tips... I haven't finished studying... I haven't been practising a lot in the wards...regret that been so relaxed for the whole 7 weeks and during the Hari Raya break.

However the exam was not that scary as I thought. Maybe Prof CHeong was too busy today. He had to take Sem 9 and Sem 6 for exam, and also Sem 5 for CP. So he took Sem 9 1st, and Sem 6 later. I think he was rushing, until Sem 6's turn, he became a bit 'chin chai', never ask us to perform PE in front of him and only asked about the investigations. But I couldn't answer quite a lot of questions he asked, and he kept hinting me and I was so thick-headed. He asked me about the physiology stuff which I never bothered to revise. Ya.. I admit... I've not been studying enough! However, at the end, he said, "It's enoough for semester 6." I guessed he said I passed? Or he was trying to comfort me?

Actually I cheated also. I missed the pleural effusion. I percuss the right lower zone of the chest, it was dull and I thought it was the liver dullness. Then I didn't bothered about it. But later during the ward round, Dr. Cheah presented the case to Dato' Kew, then I only found out there was plueral effusion in that patient. I looked at the BHT (wonder why you can look at the BHT during the exam), and there was reduced air entry. So I did another full Respi examination again. I think the patient was quite annoyed coz he was so quite lethargic but I kept disturbing him. But what to do? I was so nervous!!

Come back to the cheating thing, actually it's very easy to cheat in the exam. You can bring books...only for sem 6. You can ask your friend to help you out by looking the BHT. You can ask the HO for the case before the exam. For me, the BHT was just beside me. So how could I don't look at it? (When I was writing this, I was hoping that no lecturers will read my blog..)

Anyway, everything's ended now. But I still gotta do my case report and case summaries, gotta submit by tomorrow. Oh.. ya!! Also gotta write some commnets about Internal Medicine for Prof Esha. I think I finished all that 1st, then only I will summarize my Internal Medicine Posting.

4 comments:

annegel said...

Heyo!

I thought you don't want to approve my comments... so sad you know... hahaha!

Anyway, are you having holidays now or what? So I can meet you in PJ???

Miss you loads~~~~~~~~

Anonymous said...

Hey gal, hope it means u did well for ur exams...haha, best of luck when results are out ya.

Will u b back this weekends? Mayb if u're still here on sunday I might drive to ur place n have lunch with u, what say u? free? sorry, I can't on saturday...lemme know asap k ^^

take carez n cheerz!!

Ning said...

hie! Congrates for passing the exam ooo! I am so sad after reading your blog cos we actually have done nothing over here, spending more money and an extra year here... I should be joining you all in Seremban na... Super regret dy... Dunno got place for me or not... help me to ask... hai...
Take care...
Miss you aaa....
Regards,
Yi NIng

^eny@^ said...

to annegel,
i didn't mean to...but anyway, i've changed back the settings...

i juz came back for weekend... no holz until chinese new year...i miss u too!!! hope can meet u too...

to munny,
hey...thanks for the present. nice meeting u n jinyu on friday...really long time no see de..

to yi ning,
actually if u dun like liverpool, try apply back to seremban lo. there's a senior in our batch went to southampton but he doesn't like there, and IMU accepted him back in seremban....i also hope u can be in seremban...me so boring without u, jinyu and munny here in seremban....*sob*