Tuesday, April 18, 2006

{Movie} G.U.B.R.A.

Watched "Gubra" yesterday at Times Square. I wanted to watch this long ago when they just started to make this film. It is the sequel of "SEPET". Since I watched "Sepet", and its ending left me with suspense, I wanna know what's happened to Jason. Besides, I like Alan Yun, who is taking part in this movie too.

After finished watching the movie, 1 word can describe my feeling. "BLANK!" I've no idea what the ending is (only the ending!). I've read the review b4 watching, so I can understand what it is trying to tell in some scenes. Btw, I like the style how Yasmin made the movie, the supporting actors, and some little little things in the movie.

"Orked"... she's still small and sweet. I didn't realise she's that tiny in "Sepet", maybe becasue Jason is quite short too. But when she was standing beside her husband and Alan, she looks so small, only half of Alan. Can't imagine that she is married in the movie. She is just a little girl, as what her husband calls her. Btw, her acting is more mature... compare to "Sepet".

"Alan"... knew him during the Pantene's advertisement. You can see him in many advertisement. He actually released 1 album before... long time ago. I like him because... haha... he looks charming. I noticed him in "Sepet" and wondering why he is so 'ke le fe' in that movie. I knew he is quite tall, but never thought that he is actually quite muscular too. He got some half naked scenes in "Gubra". And seriously I think all that scenes were made for him to show his body... haha... How can a person walking around in the hospital with half naked body and his shirt is hanging on his body? Although I like him, still, I have to admit that he looked quite 'kaku' if compare to other actors. He was trying to remember the dialogue, I think, because he doesn't need to say any dialogue in ad. And also, I don't like his hairstyle...

"Arif"... Orked's husband... This guy is really bad in this movie. Feel like scolding him in all sorts of words. But this means that he was quite successful in acting this role... I always think so if I don't like the bad role in any movie or series.

Not to mention, other actors played their roles well in the film. And also a lot of funny scenes and 'mesra' scenes in the movie. I can accept most of the 'mesra' scene between the husband and wife, but I just can't understand, Alan and Orked holding hands when they 1st met each other. Maybe he was trying to console her when she knew that her husband was having an affair. Both of them were acting as if there's some kind of love relationship developing between them, but I read most of the sypnosis, it said it's just friendship.

And the ending... the most confusing part... Ya! You have to sit still through the end to watch this. I just can't understand what it is. Is it imagination of Orked or actually Jason hasn't died? Actually I am somehow regretted to watch the ending... It left me with suspense again!! Erk...

Sypnosis of Gubra:
We meet Orked seven years post-Jason, and she seems to have found an ideal counterpoint in her husband Arif (Adlin Aman Ramlee): someone reliable, level-headed and loved by Orked's effervescent family. It is to this same family that Orked and Arif return, as Pak Atan (Harith Iskander) has been hospitalised with diabetic complications. While at the hospital, Orked bumps into Alan (Alan Yun), the elder brother of Jason, and they develop a friendship while discovering some dark family secrets. Meanwhile, on the poorer side of town, compassionate ustaz Pak Bilal (Nam Ron) and his family collide with Temah (Rozie Rashid) and Kiah (Juliana Ibrahim), two prostitutes with difficult situations who challenge Pak Bilal's concept of compassion and justice.

No comments: