Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Donated Blood!

Haha... donated blood again today. This was my 5th time donating blood... Haha... feel so proud of myself. Again, the nurse was complaining that it was difficult to find my vein. She said my vein was too small (?), she will try her best. Erk? What if she poke me and no blood flowing out? Then I have to bare with the pain but fail to donate... Luckily after she poked me with the needle, the blood did flow out...

Every1 likes to ask me whether it's painful or not when donating blood. Of course it's painful when the needle poke you, but it's nothing if compare to period pain... haha... just a little bit painful. Then I felt numbness in my hand and arm while the blood transfusing. I don't know if it's normal, as Jin-Yu had same feeling as me but Chaozer said he didn't have such feeling. (Congratulations to jinyu as she finally succeeded donating!)

Although donated for many times, still, I felt a little bit nervous b4 donating. Afraid iron level too low, afraid feeling giddy after donating, afraid getting bruises, afraid getting hepatitis B.... I didn't know donating blood twice a year has higher risk of getting Hep B... I always laugh at those people who afraid of getting HIV after donating blood... The nurse said they will check the level of Anti Hep B antibody in my blood and if there is no enough antibody I can get a free booster from PDN... feel so scare now...

Hohoho...after donating blood, while waiting for jinyu, chaozer and I sat there and ate a lot of snacks... Actually I can skip my lunch after that, but I still have my lunch later because I am afraid of fainting during my CSU session.

Btw, after having so many experiences of donating blood, I think this is the 1st time I posted my experience....

No comments: