Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Internal Medicine Posting

2nd week of my Internal Medicine posting. Although the posting is quite busy, compare to Surgery and Family Medicine, I think it's quite fun. I start to appreciate Medicine, see real cases which we just learned from the book by names.

I like to go ward round, seeing different patients in diffferent character, though it's quite tiring standing in the ward the whole morning. Then in case presentation, which we have to present our case to the doctor, it's something like KKB stuff, but we learned more things here. Often after we just said one sentence of the chief complaint, the doctor would stop us and ask us the differential diagnosis. Then all of us will try to drag out all the diseases we learned in phase 1... Something like House... He always says, "Differential diagnosis!" Then we will list out all the differential diagnosis. All the lecturers in Clinical School are very knowledgable. I respect everyone of them. They are so nice to teach us and they are all so good. Didn't notice that when they taught us in Phase 1. Unlike in Bukit Jalil, some lecturers just know their specialty but not other stuff. Here, in Clinical School, everyone knows everything. Wonder how they did that??

Till now, I've seen quite many interesting cases, including DKA (Diabetic ketoacidosis), facial nerve palsy, congestive cardiac failure, SLE (systemic lupus erythematous), renal failure, myocardial infarction and ischemia (which are quite common)... I manage to elicit positive signs in the patients. Unlike in CSU, the simulated patients are all normal.

Meet quite a number of nice House Officers and Medical Officers here in Hospital Tuanke Jaafar (previously known as Hospital Seremban). However there are also HO/MO who are not so friendly and unapproachable. Next time, if I become a HO/MO, I swear I will be nice to the medical students... Haha..

Yup, not to forget the seniors! They are so helpful and friendly. I am not kidding, we really need the seniors' help here. We felt so lost in the beginning of the semester, luckily the seniors are so nice to us, bring us around...

Till now, I have on-call twice. The first on-call I didn't do anything. I heard some of my friends did CPR and took blood. I haven't got chance to do both. However yesterday, my 2nd on-call, I saw a case in A & E. He fall from 2nd/ 3rd floor, and he was unconscious. He has no breathing, and we had to use the pump to ventilate him. So we took turns to pump the bag. The HO-on-call was Dr. Koh, a UPM graduate. Heard about him from Arathi, and she said she felt in love with him when she 1st saw him, but too bad, he is married. HAHA!! He is really nice because he signed his name in my log book, so that my log book won't look so empty...

Gtg now, have to walk back home... *sob*

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow,,tat great

Ning said...

yo, wow... everything seemed so fun! I am still lenganging... and i think we are not going to learn as much as u all do in Seremban.
Will only start my drugs rotation next monday, which my sis said is very boring one... and i think i will just refresh what we had learnt in IMU on pharmaco... and more on the dosage only, i think... sigh... didn't get so much exposure like u... really think that it's better to study in seremban ler.... so, enjoy your time ya!!! :)
Miss u...
Take care then...

annegel said...

Just wanna say HI and test ur comment function. Everytime when I try to leave comments it just won't let me do so!

Anonymous said...

[url=http://desethepl.freehostia.com/11-2010/381.php]Режим диетического питания[/url]
- поджелужочная железа диета
[url=http://desethepl.freehostia.com/05-2010/01-02-2010.php]Врач диетолог маргарита королева адрес[/url]
- капли для похудения suprasvelte
[url=http://desethepl.freehostia.com/68/332.php]Джудит виллс как похудеть на 2 размера за 21 день[/url]
- диета помогла
[url=http://desethepl.freehostia.com/75/06-2010.php]Кефирная диета ларисы долины[/url]
- худеющий скачать

[url=http://dnevnik.bigmir.net/groups/article/56377]диета для очень быстрого похудения [/url]

[url=http://dnevnik.bigmir.net/groups/article/56374]легкие диеты для похудения [/url]