Friday, September 08, 2006

1st Week in Seremban

I am backed in PJ already. After 1 week in Seremban, finally... I am backed in PJ now.

1st week in Seremban, nothing much to do... everyday gotta attend briefings and talks by different lecturers. Couldn't remember every lecturer's name, maybe gotta take some time then.

Feel so stressed now. It's a big transition phase from phase 1 in Bukit Jalil to phase 2 in Clinical School here. Longer time in the wards, stricter rules, lecturers are more fierce and so boring here.

My schedule for everyday will be:
- 8am in the ward to clerk history and physical examination
- 10am Case Presentation
- 12pm if lucky I can have lunch then... If not gotta wait till 1pm (as for Prof Esha's teaching)
- 2pm - 4.30pm TBL
At night, we also have to be on-call. If got on-call, I'll be staying in the wards whole day. OMG!! On-call without any paid... poor thing to be a STUDENT DOCTOR!! Has no life!!

I am still not so prepared for a clinical life. Have to do research which I hate so much and CFCS (Community and Family Case Study) throughout Sem 6 to Sem 9. A lot of report writing, TBL, IMS... Everything is so different from phase 1. No more TV and movies for me... ;( My life will be full of studies and patients in the wards. My first posting, Internal Medicine will be starting next week...

About my room, everything seems to be fine. But dunno why, my room is easy to get dirty. I gotta sweep the floor 2 times per day. My hair is dropping a lot on the floor and also it is very dusty. No heater in the bathroom, and I gotta boil water in the morning to bath... And also there is no streamyx in my house, cannot online then.

Btw there are 2 cute kids in my house. They will keep calling me "Jie Jie! Jie Jie!" whenever they see me....Oh...so cute!!!

4 comments:

jyc said...

what is TBL?
Gambatte!

Anonymous said...

Hey gal, wow ur time table is sooo packed compared to mine n jinyu's , wahahaha, gomen gomen...
btw wat does TBL & IMS stand for?
Jinyu's not around this weekend, so sorry, dun think we can make it, but i heard some of our bmed students might b going over to seremban to stay overnight for the bbq, they're trying to postpone or bring forward our lectures on friday, but I dun think I can come, not sure yet, anyway will update u yea...

Gambatte, student dr!!

Anonymous said...

Walau, byan! start working like a doc now ! i'm still doing nothing here aaaa... actuall class will only be on 25th sept... still have a free week... sigh... wonder why did i come a month earlier... wrong decision naa...
anyway, seldom see u online to chat now... of course i know you are busy... so, take good care of yourself ya... ;)
miss u...

regards,
yi ning

Ning said...

hohoi,
wah, so busy dy... dunno when can chat with u online then...
i am still lenganging here...
actual class will only be started on 25th sept... see? so much free time... wasted money... shouldn't be here so early aaaa... homesick aaa...
Miss u...
Take care then...

From
Yi ning