Monday, February 13, 2006

Gentleman

Met XY today. Long time we didn't see each other. We tried to recall when was the last time we met, but we failed. I think it's just because it's too long. And now, I remembered, I think it was that day I went to your school and you went to pay your parking fees... yeap...

So we have a long long chat since we didn't meet each other for so long. We talked about her recent news and a lot of other topics. And we also talked about this topic, "Gentleman". I was complaining to her that our uni is lack of gentleman. I found that there is very few gentleman guys in IMU. I wondered whether it was because medical students are not used to be gentlemen. And she said that maybe this was due to the style of people in the building. If most of the people in the building are gentlemen, you will find yourself to be more gentleman than b4. And also she mentioned that most gentlemen are English-speaking or English-ed people. I think what she said was quite true.

Btw, how do you define "gentleman"? I checked this in dictionary.com and it says that "Gentleman" is "a well-mannered and considerate man with high standards of proper behavior". That seems that gentleman can only be a man. Well, I think I will see this from little little things. Eg help to hold the doors after you enter, help to hold the lift if u r standing at the button side, when going out or walk together in a gang, it's better to have 1/2 guys walking in front AND 1/2 guys walking behind of the gang, send girls home if it's too late at night........ and also I think that although gentleman is only applicable for man, ladies can also do some of the things which I mentioned just now.

So...hope every1 is gentleman and gentlewoman!!! (lame conclusion!)

6 comments:

snowangelz said...

I totally agree with you, IMU's gentlemen are kinda extinct!! or endangered species, if any. I dunno english or chinese-ed ppl are more gentlemen but I do know, most of 'em juz aren't haha...remember KKB? the last time we went? ^^

oh, n juz to add, i juz love this music, used to be my favourite tune...long vacation right?

^eny@^ said...

exactly...IMU guys..haih...and I really miss my SAM friends...most of them are gentlemen!!!

I like the music too when I was watching long vacation...last time I really wanna how to learn to play, but i dun hav music score..

annegel said...

Hey there. When was the day I paid my parking fees? *scratching my head* really have no impression. after we paid the parking fees, where did we go ah?? ha... can't recall anymore... tsk tsk hahaha

anyway, nice meeting with u~~~ *huggiessss*

should open a gentleman school to train gentlemen... cool eh this idea? business must be booming... but hor, no matter what I still think the "gentleness" is in one's blood one... hard to learn and adopt... kekeke...

annegel said...

btw, "gentlewoman" is funny... but I dont think it is as "urgently needed" as gentlemen...

I dunno why but it seems that I am influenced by the norm... guys should be nice to girls while girls just enjoy... eee? were u suggesting that girls should show their "gentleness" to guys as well?

*freeze in the office... cold*

^eny@^ said...

i think since now guys and girls are equal...ladies need to be gentle as well.if not, they will complain that ladies always shout for equal but still expect guys to be gentle to them. so i think it should be a 2-way thing. but maybe guys like girls who are rude as in "my sassy girl", who knows? haha...

^eny@^ said...

we went to ur uni, u went to pay parking fees, then u passed sthg to ur classmate, and we have lunch in ur uni. after that, we went to guardian to buy makeup stuff...then u sent me back to my uni lo... i think that's all...
but i still have a feeling that after that day, we actually met once again, but i cant think is which day. keke...