Thursday, December 29, 2005

{Movies} "Perhaps Love" & "King Kong"

Wow! It's been a long time since I last updated my blog. So sorry for those who kept track to my blog but was disappointed. Haha... I'm just being busy... and lazy....

I'm having holiday now and what I most wanted to do is to watch "Perhaps Love" and "King Kong" in the cinema. I've seen the trailers of both movie long time ago but I've to wait till my exam finish. And my wish came true yesterday as Mun Yee and I went to Pyramid and watch both movie 1 shot in a day.

Both were really good films. "Perhaps Love" was a musical drama so I planned to watch it in cinema. I wanted to watch "Perhaps Love" because of Ji Jin Hee and Jacky Cheung (haha... not Takeshi). It's the 1st time 4 Ji Jin Hee acting in a Chinese film and singing in Mandarin. Well, maybe because Jacky was his teacher, he singing wasn't so bad, just a little bit weird pronounciation. Jacky Cheung... no doubt, he is really good in singing. In my opinion, he sang in a different way in the film, unlike those he used to sing in his album and believe me, he looked more "man" in the film with his really good voice. Really wish to listen to his live concert. Takeshi Kaneshiro look so handsome in the film but I don't like his singing lo. Maybe it's because the song itself wasn't that nice but other songs were quite nice especially Jacky's. And Zhou Xun, I don't really like her b4 that for unknown reason. But I think she really acted well in the film. I like the part, where Jacky Cheung was "died" as I never expected that. U'll know if u watch it (suspense a bit here..haha). So... overall I gave 8/10 for this film.

"King Kong"... I saw its trailer since August when I was watching "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory". Then I saw it again when I was watching "Harry Potter 4". I kept saying to my friends that I wanted to watch this and its trailer was shown for 4 months. I didn't know it was directed by Peter Jackson, the director of "Lord of the Ring" b4 that. My urge to watch it became stronger when I knew the director was Peter Jackson. Again, he didn't let the audience down. I thought it was too long for the film to be 3 hours and 8 minutes but you woudn't notice it until the film finished. It was really worth to watch "King Kong" in cinema. Btw, I noticed 1 small mistake in the film which I think only few people could notice (maybe a lot). Sometime, you would notice some small mistakes in those big big films, like "Harry Potter". Maybe they think that the audience won't pay attention to them. So I would give 9.5/10 for "King Kong".

And also, I noticed that I've watched a lot of movies in CINEMA this year. 6 in total, I think, maybe more. Maybe compare to others, it is just a small amount, but usually I only watch 1/2 movies per year. Do you know what does it mean? It means and proves that a lot of good movies were playing this year. Haha...

4 comments:

Ning said...

harlow,

Do u all interested in making ‘Tang yuan’ eventhough Dong Zhi was over?
I will bring the basic ingredients: the flour and pandan leafs and prepare in my house. Just hope that u all could spend a few hours in my house to make the ‘Tang yuan’ together? I will be back on Monday so are u all ok with the first day of classthis Tuesday morning? In that case we will have ‘Tang yuan’ as lunch… And we may go off for our pbls in the afternoon. pls reply me as soon as possible so that I could get everything ready. Ok? If u all wanna added any ingredients, eg.nuts, pls bring it yourselves, k?

wanna invite : Jin yu, byan, munyee, pohtian, baxter, yawyee, chaozer...
not sure Jacob will to come or not??
so, pls pass the message around and pass the reply to me asap, K?

Ning

p/s: Feel free to say 'No'...

^eny@^ said...

i'm ok with it, ning...

Anonymous said...

hey gal, c'mon admit it u watched it bcoz of TAKESHI!!! haha...yup his singin wasn't good but his face rox, so no change la!!

hmm, dun wanna spoil ur view towards king kong coz u rated it 9.5/10, but i felt very uneasy while watching...dunno y...wat's d mistake btw? i found lots!!!

^eny@^ said...

MUNNY...SERIOUSLY, I WATCHED PERHAPS LOVE NOT BECAUSE OF TAKESHI....